A 5-Ingredient, 5-Step Recipe
When my daughters were starting solids, they ate whatever I gave them, including avocados. Then, they became toddlers and eventually kids. With a mind of their own, they’ve decided that avocados are ‘yucky’. We all know that avocados provide healthy fats, vitamins and minerals, which I’m not going to dwell into the nutrition breakdown. And like all mothers out there, we try our best to give our kids the best when it comes to nutrition.
So, instead of including avocados in their meals (which I’ve tried many times and failed), I’ve decided to include avocados in their snacks. And I found out that this super simple 5-step recipe has never failed me. With the zesty lemon flavour and aroma from the parmesan, you don’t need any seasoning, neither do you need much salt and pepper.
Baked Avocado Chips
- 1 Avocado
- 60 g Parmesan grated
- ½ Lemon
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- Heat oven to 165°C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mash an avocado with a fork.
- Add the parmesan, ¼tsp salt, ¼tsp pepper, and a squeeze ½ a lemon juice. Mix well.
- Scoop some batter and make small flat circles on the baking tray with your palm. You could also use a fork.
- Bake for about 15 minutes. And let it cool on a rack.
You could store them in an air-tight container for about 2 days. But believe me, these are so good that it’ll be gone within a day.